And so National Scrapbooking Month continues! We’re back again with another celebratory project made with the Taste of Summer paper packet and stamp set: a refreshing Taste of Summer mini album.
Mini albums are great for compiling your memories from specific events or time periods in a beautiful standalone book, which friends and family can then look through as it sits on your coffee table to get a taste of what you experienced.
Because you control the page count and the binding, you have the flexibility to add as many pages as you wish. You decide how much time you put into a single page; you can highly embellish, or, if you prefer, keep the additions to a minimum. Every page ends up unique, and each retains a piece of the memory that you want to portray.
Use the Taste of Summer papers and stamps to create one of your own to capture your day on the lake, your trip to the mountains, or your picnic at the park.
If you’re feeling a little dry on ideas, let us splash a few your way:
• Using the Cricut® Artbooking cartridge, cut pages of all sizes and with varied borders. Mini albums are one of the projects this cartridge was specifically designed to cut, so you’re sure to find everything you need.
• Get spunky with your binding. We chose Thistle extra thick twine to bring out the pretty purples in our papers.
• Arrange blocks of papers, photos, and stamps in symmetrical patterns to harness the power of excellent design.
• Write short and sweet captions for your photos, but leave room for longer journaling entries as well.
• Create embellishments with the already adorable paper. Here we’ve dovetailed strips of paper and layered them to make a juicy cluster.
• Layer images from the stamp set using 3-D foam tape.
• Give your handwritten memories the limelight! Layer blocks of paper and cardstock and fill them up with journaling.
• Use mini staples for your mini album—it’s like they were made for each other!
• Get creative with your inking. The strawberries on this page were stamped in several colors to achieve a look that’s almost good enough to eat.
• Stamp directly onto your photos to capitalize on space—and give them fun captions!
• Use journaling strips to allow the gorgeous Taste of Summer papers to peek through.
• Layer stamped sentiments on top of stamped images in complementary colors.
• Add embellishments for dimensional pops of color. Here we’ve used purple glitter gems to coordinate with the colors of the papers.
• Stamp images to create designs on solid-color cardstock. In this case, the stamped vines are more of an attraction than the paper!
• Place journaling strips vertically for a new look.
Your mini Taste of Summer project is sure to have a big impact. Remember to grab your paper packet and stamp set before the month’s end!
5 ½” Sweet Summer Mini Album
E1028 My Acrylix® Hopscotch Alphabet, CC1039 My Acrylix® Taste of Summer, CC1038 Taste of Summer Paper Packet, 1385 White Daisy Cardstock, X5769 Thistle Cardstock, X5772 Canary Cardstock, Z2105 Black Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z2155 Topiary Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z2190 Gypsy Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z2640 Thistle Exclusive Inks™ Pad, Z3040 Thistle Extra Thick Twine, Z1936 Purple Glitter Gems, Z1906 Cricut® Artbooking Collection, Hole Punch
5 ½” Photo Mat 1 (p. 40)
5 ½” Shift+Photo Mat 1 (p. 40)
5 ½” Photo Mat 2 (p. 40)
5 ½” Photo Mat 1 (cut 2, p. 41)
5 ½” Photo Mat 2 (cut several, p. 41)
5 ½” Shift+Photo Mat 1 (cut two, p. 51)
4 ¼” Shift+Photo Mat 1 (p. 53)
5 ½” Shift+Photo Mat 1 (p. 56)