Do you remember what it felt like to hear the sweet music of the ice cream truck wafting down your street? It was pure summer magic. There wasn’t a kid around that didn’t feel the internal tug when the ice cream truck issued its siren call through the neighborhood.
Something about ice cream on wheels is just simply irresistible. Perhaps it’s because the only thing that can make a carefree summer day more wonderful is the sweet chill of ice cream melting down into your tummy.
To commemorate this beloved summer tradition, we bring you the deliciously adorable June Stamp of the Month, which is appropriately named Ice Cream Dream. Check out some of the artwork made from this set full of fun!
Birthday parties and ice cream go together like frosting and cake. They just make each other a whole lot better.
And take a look at this absolutely adorable card created by Close To My Heart Consultant Dianne Wood from South Australia. Keep reading to learn how she made it.
- Use the scallop embossing folder to emboss Lagoon cardstock.
- Place sentiment and ice cream cone from June Stamp of the Month on a 4″ x 5″ My Acrylix® block.
- Using VersaMark™ ink, stamp image on Outdoor Denim cardstock.
- Cover stamped image with white embossing powder and set with heat gun.
- Using ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers in the colors of your choice, shade embossed stamps, pressing lightly with the markers.
Thank you for sharing your technique with us, Dianne! We love the card. 🙂
Happy June, everybody!
P.S. Did all of this talk of ice cream make you hungry for some of your own? Before you start hunting down ice cream trucks, watch this video from BuzzFeed we found to learn how to make easy, delicious, and hassle-free ice cream at home.