Were any of you able to catch our Facebook live yesterday? If you did, you know that it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around these parts. Yep, you heard right! For the month of October we have an impressive set of holiday shaker cards for you to make and send to all of your favorite people this coming season! The best part—they are so easy to make that you can probably assemble all 12 that come in one kit in less than an hour!
These bright and festive Holiday Sparkle cards are part of our Cut Above® program, which means you get everything you need to assemble them in one convenient kit: printed card bases, die-cuts, stickers, loose sequins, window foam and acetate, envelopes, and easy-to-follow instructions—absolutely no cutting required! The detailed paper accents that we all love for our handmade cards are included right in your kit!
A shaker card, for those new to the idea, is a card that has a window compartment built into it that holds loose pieces, adding a little extra whimsy to the card design and a lot of fun for the recipient!
So how do the Holiday Sparkle cards come together? Take a look at the steps below to see just how easy it truly is to assemble these festive cards with their glistening windows!
- The very first thing you’re going to do is lay one of the printed card bases flat on your working space. Do not fold the card base in half just yet. This will give you a flat surface to work with, which is especially helpful later when you’re adding the loose sequins.
- Next, carefully remove the outer foam ring from one of the window foam circles and attach it to your card front, on top of the printed circle.
- Keeping your card base flat, add some of the loose sequins inside the circle frame you just created.
- If you haven’t done so already, peel off the protective layer from the top of the foam tape ring to expose the adhesive.
- Remove the protective film from one of the window acetate circles and lay it on top of the foam tape ring.
- The last step in assembling the shaker window is to hide the foam frame by layering a faux-stitched circle sticker on top of it.
- Now that your window is complete, all that is left is to embellish the card front as well as the envelopes using the included die-cuts, stickers, and any leftover sequins.
You’ll notice that we give you a solid circle of foam tape, not just the outer ring to use in the making of the window. The inside pieces are purposefully included, and pre-cut for your convenience. Use these pieces to attach some of your embellishments for even more dimension.
To add some holiday cheer to the inside of your cards, the My Acrylix® Love with All the Trimmings stamp set (CC10188) is a perfect companion to this card kit with its many classic seasonal sentiments and designs.
So, what do you think?
With all of the time you’re saving using the Holiday Sparkle Cut Above® kit for your holiday cards this year, you’ll have more time to spend on some of your other holiday projects! But you better act fast! These kits and its supporting stamp set (Love with All the Trimmings) are only available until the end of the month, while supplies last. We’ve got a feeling that they are going to be flying off the shelf, so make sure to get yourself at least one kit while you still can!
Your loved ones will surely be impressed when they receive a Holiday Sparkle card and find out that it is handmade! They don’t have to know how easily it comes together—that can be our little secret!