We’ve definitely caught the love bug here at the corporate office, but can you blame us? First of all, the weather here in Utah has been absolutely beautiful, with sunny skies and warm breezes almost every day this month! Second, Valentine’s Day, the day devoted purely to celebrating hearts (something we’re very fond of at this company), is less than a day away.
Our hearts are especially full this season with love for our dear Consultants, the lifeblood of our company, so we decided to channel this affectionate energy into a little project from the heart. We revved up our Cricut® machines and got to cutting oodles of hearts from some of our favorite papers. Then we crafted a banner, made a card, picked up some balloons, grabbed our Lagoon hearts washi tape, and hit the road for a little field trip to a special someone’s house: Presidential Director Michelle Brooks.We had so much fun sneaking around her lawn, planting hearts, and then hiding behind her house to wait for her to arrive home. When Michelle pulled into the driveway, she sat in her car for a while, just staring in disbelief at the field of hearts littering her lawn.Finally, she got out, and we ran from our hiding spots to greet her!Her adorable daughter arrived home from preschool shortly after on a bus that had a cute heart decoration of its own. It was so special to have both her and Michelle’s husband, Greg, included in the celebration.
If all of our dreams came true, we would heart attack every last one of you! But since that will always only be a crazy dream of ours, we’re asking each of you to be our hands to spread the love on our behalf. So if you’ve been looking for a way to show your love like we were, try heart attacking someone! (Just make sure you do it with paper.) Showing love with paper hearts is something that’s always in season. Plus, it’s a foolproof method for boosting happiness. It’s so easy—all you need is love! And a little paper, of course. But aren’t they kind of the same thing? 😉Happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO
Leave a comment
Okay, friends. It’s November, so let’s get grateful! While we know you love sitting in a turkey stupor around the table after Thanksgiving dinner, listing off what you’re grateful for, there are more lasting (and more FUN) ways to express what’s in your heart. So many more! Why not say thank you with a few random acts of kindness, for example? What better way to pay a favor back than to pay a favor forward?
All you need to do is pull out your favorite Close To My Heart papers and tools and start crafting! With the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge, cute tags like these take no time at all. With a stamp here and a sparkle there, you’ve got adorable notes ready for use. You can deliver them as stand-alone notes or attach them to goodies.
When it comes to packaging those goodies, the Designer Creations paper bags do the job nicely. The bags come predesigned, so they take no prep time at all. Take them right out of the package, slip in some sweet treats—or just some sweet words—and get stealthy. Stash the goods into nooks and crannies when nobody’s watching.
You might enjoy some of these ideas as you go incognito (but you didn’t hear it from us):
- Leave inspiring notes for your unsuspecting targets around the house. Try the bathroom mirror, the novel your spouse is reading, or even inside the refrigerator. Yes, we said inside. Most viewed appliance in the home, wouldn’t you agree?
- Leave some goodies on a doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run! Your new neighbors will feel welcome and your old neighbors will feel loved all over again.
- Do a chore for someone and leave a note saying why serving them brings you joy.
- Hide a note under a coworker’s mouse.
- Write down words of advice for a new mother, a new couple, or someone else starting on a path you’ve tread before.
- Leave change in the vending machine with a note encouraging the lucky finder to buy a snack.
- Thank the custodian by leaving a note on their cart while they’re busy scrubbing away.
- Leave your waiter a nice note along with the tip.
- Hang a note from the car mirror for your spouse to stumble upon when they leave for work in the morning.
- Reflect on your blessings, write them down, and then dangle them from a Designed Décor frame or an indoor plant. All of your newly unleashed gratitude will be heavy, so we highly suggest you use the frame. 😉
- Take time to sit down with your parents, grandparents, or other relatives and write down their favorite sayings and wisdom on your tags. Hang the tags in a prominent place in your home to remember both your relatives and their wisdom. (This act can’t be done in secret, but hopefully you can trust your relatives not to betray your identity when pressured by the authorities.)
Get in the groove of gratitude today, and then express yourself! No matter how you go about it, you’ll feel like a million bucks . . . and who doesn’t want to be a millionaire? Serve, baby, serve!
Think of something sneaky that we didn’t? Tell us your idea in the comments!
Leave a comment