Our Punny Pals are fun, spunky, and on a mission—to share as many smiles as possible! To help you continue spreading smiles this month, we came up with a list of small acts of kindness to keep you going. As you perform these, or any acts of service, consider leaving a card from the Share a Smile card kit behind. This small sentiment will be a reminder of the kindness you shared and will continue to bring joy (and smiles!) for days to come.
- Rake a neighbor’s yard
- Mail a note to a long-distance family member
- Pay for the person behind you in a drive-thru.
- Take flowers to the nurses’ station at your local hospital
- Leave a plate of cookies with a thank-you note for the cleaning staff at your office
- Put change in an expired parking meter
- Drop off cupcakes to your local fire or police department
- Tape cash or a gift card on a random gas pump
- Leave positive messages in public places
- Offer to return someone’s shopping cart to the store
- Hide a favorite book in a public place with a note that it’s free for the taking
- Hold the elevator for someone else
- Invite an elderly neighbor to dinner
- Leave a generous tip at a restaurant
- Put a Share a Smile card in the mailbox for your mail carrier
Isn’t it amazing how little things can brighten our day? A compliment, a thank you, any small gesture of gratitude or compassion can spread joy. Sharing a smile with friends, neighbors, and even strangers is uplifting. Everyone feels good!
At Close To My Heart, we are celebrating Operation Smile™ and the non-profit work they do to help people everywhere have beautiful healthy smiles through safe cleft lip and palate surgeries. With every purchase of the Punny Pals stamp set, Close To My Heart donates $7 USD to this wonderful organization. You, too, can help change someone’s life and at the same time create cute and delightful cards to spread kindness to your family, friends, and community.
We’d love to hear how you are sharing smiles with our Punny Pals! Tell us what you’ve been up to in the comments below.